Key Lime Cheesecake Swirl Squares
Refreshing and rich key lime cheesecake takes on a festive swirl, and Jelly Belly beans add the perfect finishing touch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 4 hours chilling time
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
Recipe makes 16 squares
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
2 pkg (8 oz. each) brick-style cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp vanilla
Green and yellow food coloring
1/2 cup Lime Jelly Belly® jelly beans
Tip: Dip a knife in hot water and wipe dry between cuts. This will make cutting the cheesecake easier.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix together graham crumbs and brown sugar; drizzle butter over top and mix until crumbs are moistened. Press into pan to form crust; bake for 10 minutes. Let cool. Cheesecake:
- Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down side of bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in sour cream, lime zest, lime juice and vanilla.
- Scrape one-third of the cheesecake mixture into bowl. Add green and yellow food coloring to achieve desired color; stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Spread 1 cup of the uncolored cheesecake mixture evenly over crust.
- Drop dollops of colored cheesecake mixture and remaining uncolored cheesecake mixture over top, 1/4 cup at a time and evenly spaced. Using butter knife, swirl to combine. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed but still slightly wobbly in center.
- Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, cut into squares and press 4 to 5 Lime Jelly Belly® jelly beans into top of each square creating pattern as desired.