Have a ball on your birthday. Better yet, have a lot of them. Because our Crispy Balls are so delicious and simple to make, one won't be nearly enough.
- 4 cups rice cereal
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) Jelly Belly jelly beans in Tangerine or Orange Sherbet flavor
- ½ cup (1/4 lb.) Jelly Belly jelly beans in Green Apple and Licorice flavors
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (10 oz.) or 40 large marshmallows
- Cellophane and orange ribbon
- Pour cereal in large bowl and set aside.
- Melt margarine and peanut butter in large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows, stirring until completely melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle in Jelly Belly jelly beans and stir.
- With buttered fingers roll into balls (or press into 9 x 13 inch pan and cut into squares).
- Cut 8-inch squares of cellophane. Roll each ball in cellophane and twist ends closed. Tie with ribbon.
MAKES 16 BALLS
For more great cupcake recipes by Karen Tack and Allan Richardson, check out Hello, Cupcake!, available here.