Makes: 30 cookies
86 calories per cookie
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 5-oz. Jelly Belly jelly beans, assorted flavors
- 3 1/2 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped (preferably 70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Refrigerate 15 minutes until set. When chocolate sets, remove from molds.
- 1/2 oz. (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, softened
Heat oven to 375⁰F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl beat shortening, sugar, egg white and vanilla extract until well blended. Add flour mixture and milk until blended. Stir in coconut.
Roll dough into a ball, divide in half. Roll 15 one-inch balls from each half and place on ungreased baking sheet. Make thumb print depression in center of each ball to form nest.
Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and place 4 Jelly Belly beans in center of each cookie. Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
© Jelly Belly Candy Company