Christmas Tree BrowniesGet more holiday ideas ►
Kids will love decorating these fun and festive holiday treats. Use your favorite box mix, homemade recipe, or try our recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recipe makes 15 Christmas Tree Brownies.
8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
3 to 4 drops green food coloring
3/4 cup prepared white frosting
1 cup Jelly Belly® jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square pan with butter. Line bottom and sides with parchment paper, leaving 2-inch overhang; set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water; heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Let cool slightly. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Stir eggs into chocolate mixture, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in vanilla, then stir in flour mixture until combined. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until only a few moist crumbs cling to toothpick when inserted in center. Let cool completely in pan on rack.
- Using parchment paper as handles, remove brownies from pan and transfer to cutting board. Peel off parchment paper. Cut into Christmas tree shapes by first cutting into 3 rows. Then cut each row into 5 triangles, reserving any smaller pieces for another use.
- Stir food coloring into frosting until blended; spoon into small resealable plastic bag (snip corner of bag) or pastry bag with tip.
- Squeeze bag to pipe frosting over brownies to resemble garland.
- Decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans as Christmas lights and insert a pretzel stick into bottom of triangle as the tree trunk. Cover and store in airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Use leftover brownie pieces to make brownie and jelly bean ice cream sundaes.
- Make brownies ahead and freeze in airtight container for up to 1 month.
- For a quick alternative, use prepared brownie mix and ready-to-use colored icing in tubes.