Baked Valentine's Day DonutsGet more ideas for your valentine ►
Your special someone will L-O-V-E this delicious treat topped with their favorites from the Jelly Belly® Valentine Mix!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe makes 6 donuts
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease one standard donut pan well with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, filling each mold three-quarters full.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until tops spring back when pressed and a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Reinforce donut holes with handle of wooden spoon, if necessary.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together icing sugar and milk, adding more milk a teaspoon at a time until icing is thin enough for donuts to be dipped into.
- Dip donuts into glaze, turning to coat top completely. Return to rack to set. Dip a second time to create a solid white finish. Arrange Jelly Belly® jelly beans on top, sprinkling or placing as you wish.