Jelly Belly University
EARN YOUR DEGREE IN BEANOLOGY® BY ENROLLING IN JELLY BELLY UNIVERSITY!
For the candy lover who seeks the exclusive and personal travel experience, the Jelly Belly Visitor Center in Fairfield, California, offers a behind-the-scenes factory tour. The guided tour leads visitors through the factory for an up close and personal experience like no other. Limited to 6 (six) participants, the Jelly Belly University (JBU) tour gives fans a real education on how American's favorite gourmet jelly bean is made.
Participants will be given lab coats, gloves and hair nets before setting out on the guided tour; and will soon find themselves in the heart of the factory and watch while master confectioners create Jelly Belly and other delicious confections.
At the end of the JBU tour, which can take over one hour, visitors will receive a discount on a souvenir photo and a discount card for shopping in the retail store.
The cost of the JBU tour is $47 per person, plus a ticket processing fee. Children must be at least 6 years or older to enroll. Adult guardian/parent MUST attend with any/all minors. No sandals, high heels, or flip-flops please. The factory is wheelchair accessible. Groups of less than 6 participants will be grouped together.
Dates are available 6-8 weeks in advance.
JBU tours are available Monday through Friday only, except certain holidays and scheduled maintenance shut down periods. Production schedule subject to change without notice.
JBU Floor Tour Guidelines:
- Reservations are required. Walk-ins are accepted only if a specified tour time has not been booked or in the event of a cancellation or "no-show."
- Check in at least 10 minutes prior to tour time.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age to participate. Adult guardian/parent MUST attend with any/all minors.
- For your safety, closed-toe shoes and pants are required for factory floor access. No sandals, high heels, or flip-flops please.
- Each guest must have proper attire prior to entering the factory. Lab coats, hair nets, beard/mustache nets, and other coverings provided by Jelly Belly.
- Groups are limited to 6 people.
- Each adult must sign a waiver prior to starting the factory tour and must sign for each attending minor child.
- Each tour is guided by a "Dean of the Bean"; instructions and other guidelines must be followed without exception.
- Food, drink and still and video photography are prohibited on the factory floor.
- Jewelry, piercings, watches or other loose items must be stored prior to entering the factory. Lockers will be provided for guests to store these or any other items.
- Persons with high sensitivity to sugar, tree nuts, and cornstarch, should be aware of possible exposure to air-born particulates and take this into consideration prior to taking the JBU factory floor tour. In addition, guests may also be exposed to heat; those with sensitivity to higher temperatures should also be aware of possible exposure for their safety.
- Persons with colds or severe allergies may be asked to wear face masks prior to entering the factory.
What are the Jelly Belly University (JBU) tour times?
Standard tour times are 9:30am, 11:30am and 1:30pm. Additional times may be added as they become available.
Is the tour available on weekends?
Jelly Belly University tours are designed to showcase our factory in full production. Typically there is no production on weekends; therefore we do not conduct behind-the-scenes tours on Saturdays and Sundays.
What age requirements are there for the JBU Tour?
Each participant must be at least 6 years of age in order to participate. This has been mandated for the safety of our guests and complies with factory policy. Adult guardian/parent MUST attend with any/all minors.
How many people may we have in our group?
Tours are limited to 6 people per tour time.
Is the tour private?
Tours will have no more than 6 people; however, individual groups of less than 6 participants will be grouped together.
How long is the tour?
Tours are between 60 and 90 minutes long. Please plan accordingly.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Our tour route has been designed to be ADA compliant. Wheelchairs or other man-powered devices are acceptable. Motorized devices may require advance notice and approval. Jelly Belly does not provide wheelchairs.
How early should I arrive?
Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. The Jelly Belly Candy Company and Visitor Center reserves the right to offer unfilled spots to walk-in requests.
What are the clothing requirements?
To participate in the factory floor tour we require that each participant wear closed-toe shoes. No sandals, high heels, or flip-flops please. Long pants are preferred.
Where do I check in for the tour?
Please check in for your tour at the Information Booth located just inside the main entrance of the Visitor Center.
How far in advance can I book my tour?
Available tour dates and times will be listed 6-8 weeks in advance.
What medical restrictions should I be aware of?
People with severe food allergies to tree nuts, sugar and corn may want to avoid the floor tour, as there may be airborne tree nut, sugar and cornstarch particulates. Please be aware that this plant processes tree nuts. Portions of the tour will also expose guests to high temperatures; those sensitive to heat should be aware of this and plan accordingly. Persons with colds, coughs or other communicable illnesses may be asked to wear a facemask. Those who have trouble walking for extended periods, should consider the more than ¼-mile length of the JBU tour and plan accordingly.
If I am traveling with a pet, what are my options?
Pets, other than guide dogs, are not allowed in the Visitor Center. For those persons with service dogs, the Visitor Center will provide a kennel to house the animal until the JBU tour is complete. Please DO NOT leave pets in vehicles unattended.
Pricing and Limitations
The cost of the JBU tour is $47 per person, plus a ticket processing fee. You must be at least 6 years old to enroll. Closed-toe shoes and pants are required. No sandals or flip-flops please. Adult guardian/parent MUST attend with any/all minors.
Certain restrictions apply. Group sizes are limited.