Deck the cakes with loads of candy! The holiday season is even sweeter with Jelly Belly ornaments adorning a cupcake tree. A Sunkist topper makes it extra festive!
• 4 jumbo cupcakes, baked in green paper liners
• 4 standard cupcakes, baked in green paper liners
• 4 mini cupcakes, baked in green paper liners
• 1 can (16 oz) plus 1 cup vanilla frosting
• Green food coloring
• 1 cup (about 8 oz) assorted green Jelly Belly jelly beans in flavors: Margarita
, Sunkist® Lime
, Green Apple
, and Sour Apple
• 1 cup assorted Jelly Belly jelly beans in flavors: Red Apple
, Sour Orange
, Berry Blue
, Bubble Gum
and Lemon Drop
• 4 yellow Sunkist Fruit Gems®
• 1 cup Coconut
Jelly Belly jelly beans (for the platter)
1. Tint the vanilla frosting dark green with the food coloring. Spoon some of the frosting into a freezer weight zipper bag or a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip. Snip a small (1/8 inch) corner from the zipper bag.
2. Trim the tops of the jumbo and standard cupcakes to make flat.
3. Spread a thin layer of frosting on each cupcake. Pipe the green frosting around the cupcake edges, always pulling the frosting away from the center. Pipe a second row of frosting inside the first overlapping slightly. Leave center of cupcake open. Cover the tops of the mini cupcakes completely. Stack the cupcakes to make the tree shape with the jumbo cupcakes as the base, a standard cupcake in the middle and topped with a mini cupcake, pressing to secure.
4. Press the green Jelly Belly jelly beans randomly over all of the cupcakes. Cut the remaining colored jelly beans in half crosswise. Press the cut sides of the Jelly Belly beans into the frosting to show as the lights, all over the cupcakes.
5. Using a small 1 inch star cookie cutter or scissors, cut the yellow Sunkist Fruit Gems into star shapes for the tops of the trees. Press the star candies on top of the cupcakes.
6. Arrange the Coconut Jelly Belly jelly beans all around the base of the cupcake trees to represent snow.
MAKES 4 Trim the Tree Cupcakes.
For more great cupcake recipes by Karen Tack and Allan Richardson, check out Hello, Cupcake!
, available here.