All the little birds will be flocking to your nest when you make these coconut delights, topped with Jelly Belly jelly beans.
- 1 ½ C. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ C. shortening
- ½ C. sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 2 C. shredded coconut
- 5 oz. jelly belly jelly beans assorted flavors
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl beat shortening, sugar, egg white and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and milk until blended. Stir in coconut.
- Roll dough into a ball, divide in half. Roll 15 one-inch balls from each half and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Make thumbprint depression in center of each ball to form next. Bake 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 4 Jelly Belly jelly beans in center of each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
MAKES 30 COOKIES
For more great cupcake recipes by Karen Tack and Allan Richardson, check out Hello, Cupcake!, available here.