Party Perfect Cupcakes
A unique and colorful spin on birthday cakes! These stacked cupcakes trimmed with Jelly Belly jelly beans are simple to make, and make a special day even better!
- 4 jumbo cupcakes, baked 1 each in blue, red, yellow, and orange paper liners
- 4 standard cupcakes, baked 1 each in blue, red, yellow, and orange paper liners
- 4 mini cupcakes, baked 1 each in blue, red, yellow, and orange paper liners
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors
- Jelly Belly jelly beans, approx. 3 oz each (about 1/3 cup each), in flavors: Berry Blue | Blueberry | Cotton Candy | Very Cherry | Kiwi | Crushed Pineapple | Orange Sherbet
- 4 wavy birthday candles (optional)
- Divide the vanilla frosting into 4 mixing bowls. Tint each bowl a different pastel color (green, orange, pink, and blue) with the food coloring.
- Working on one party cupcake tier at a time, spread tinted frosting on top of cupcakes in like colored paper liners and make smooth. Using matching jelly bean colors, arrange alternate color Jelly Belly jelly beans around the outer edge of each cupcake, one lengthwise and one crosswise.
- Stack the cupcakes, pressing the top cupcake into the frosting to secure. Insert a candle in the top center cupcake if desired. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and jelly beans.
MAKES 4 CUPCAKES
For more great cupcake recipes by Karen Tack and Allan Richardson, check out Hello, Cupcake!, available here.