Love, Jelly Belly style! If your sweetheart has a sweet tooth, create these beautiful cupcakes with an assortment of jelly beans and Confections and watch the sparks fly!
- 4 jumbo cupcakes, baked in red paper liners
- 12 standard cupcakes, baked in red paper liners
- 6 mini cupcakes, baked in red paper liners
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- About 18 oz Jelly Belly Deluxe Valentine Mix (only available during Valentine season)
- About 9 oz Jelly Belly Valentine Mix (only available during Valentine season)
- 24 pink Jelly Belly Licorice Pastels (about 8 oz)
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) chocolate decorating frosting
- 1 bag (about 3 oz) Jelly Belly Mint Cremes
- Cherry Sours from Jelly Belly
- About 9 oz Very Cherry Jelly Belly jelly beans
- Divide the frosting evenly between 2 bowls. Tint one bowl light pink with the red food coloring. Cover the bowls with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
- Working on 1 cupcake at a time, spread some of either frosting on top of a cupcake to make smooth. Add Jelly Belly jelly beans, Mint Cremes, Valentine Mix and Licorice Pastels in desired love message patterns on top of the cupcakes (see photo for ideas).
- For the butterfly, arrange 2 pink Licorice Pastels, end to end, in the center of the cupcake. Place 2 red hearts (from the Deluxe Valentine Mix) on either side of licorice and 2 Cupid Corn pieces (from the Deluxe Valentine Mix) for the wings. Pipe antennae with the chocolate decorating frosting.
MAKES 22 CUPCAKES
For more great cupcake recipes by Karen Tack and Allan Richardson, check out Hello, Cupcake!, available here.