• 1 dozen cupcakes
• 1 can prepared vanilla frosting or homemade buttercream frosting
• ½ C. shredded coconut
• 1 ½ tsp. water
• ¼ tsp. green food coloring
• Twelve 8 ½ -inch licorice sticks
• 8 oz. Jelly Belly jelly beans in pastel spring colors
1. Frost cupcakes generously with white icing being careful to spread out to the
edge of each cupcake.
2. Bend one licorice stick and insert ends into cupcakes making a basket handle.
3. Combine water and green food coloring. Combine with coconut and toss until
the coconut is bright green.
4. Add more of the water/food coloring mixture to achieve desired color.
To decorate cupcakes, place about 10 beans of the same flavor, long-side down
around edge of basket making a stand-up border. Sprinkle green coconut on top of
cupcakes. In the center place three Jelly Belly jelly beans in colors different
than the border color.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
• 2 Jelly Belly beans per cupcake in Berry Blue flavor
• 1 Cotton Candy flavor of Jelly Belly beans
• Licorice ties
• Pink construction paper cut into 3-inch long bunny ears
Frost cupcakes as above. Place two Berry Blue Jelly Belly jelly beans for eyes
and one Cotton Candy for a nose. Insert paper ears and add licorice ties for