Talk about a cake to die for. This macabre masterpiece will be the talk of any
Halloween blowout. Covered in chocolate and filled with surprises, this is one
coffin that people will be anxious to dig into.
• 2 packages (16 oz) pound cake mix
• 1 package (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
• 2 cans prepared frosting, chocolate flavor
• 1/2 lb. Jelly Belly jelly beans
The following confections from Jelly Belly:
• 1/2 lb. Chocolate Mini Mints
• 1/2 lb. Candy Corn
• 1/2 lb. Gummi Worms
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2. Prepare both cake mixes together as directed on package.
3. Bake approximately 65 minutes.
4. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
5. Invert cake on wire rack and cool completely.
6. Make cookie dough per packaged directions for cutout cookies.
7. On greased cookie sheet, roll out dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle and trim
corners in shape of coffin lid.
8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool briefly.
9. Using two large spatulas carefully remove cookie to wire rack. Cool
10. Place cake on serving platter.
11. With a knife, trim corners to shape like a coffin.
12. Begin one inch from sides of cake to cut about 1/2 inch deep into the cake.
13. Using a spoon, scoop out center of cake leaving sides to make coffin.
14. Frost cake inside and out with chocolate frosting and decorate sides with
Candy Corn, Chocolate Mini Mints and Jelly Belly jelly beans.
15. Frost cookie with chocolate frosting and decorate as desired.
16. Fill coffin with Gummi Worms.
17. Lay cookie lid to one side of cake so creepy crawlies show.
Serves 16 to 20.