• 25 small 2-inch cream puffs, previously prepared or purchased from bakery
• 1 can (16-oz.) prepared vanilla frosting
• 2-4 oz. of Jelly Belly beans in Candy Cane, Very Cherry and Kiwi flavors.
Cream Puff Filling:
• 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
• 1 C. sugar
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla
• 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
• 2 Tbs. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla and peppermint. Beat until light and fluffy.
2. Fold in chocolate chips. Cut cream puffs horizontally and spoon in filling.
3. Microwave frosting for 1 minute or according to package directions to make a
glaze. Add 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract, if desired.
To make the tree
1. Dip bottom of filled cream puff into prepared frosting. Place on serving
2. Arrange 10 to 12 cream puffs in a circle. Continue to use frosting to hold
cream puffs in place as the second layer of 6-8 cream puffs is placed on top of
the base layer.
3. Allow some of the frosting to drip around cream puffs. Add a third layer of
cream puffs and finish with a single cream puff on top. Drip extra frosting over
tree as desired.
Finish tree with Jelly Belly jelly bean "ornaments”. If needed, add a small dab
of frosting to jelly bean to attach to tree.
Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.