What’s a party without pals? Any Halloween bash will be made more fun, and more
delicious with scrumptious chocolate-covered Apple Pals. They’re easy to make,
but hard to resist.
• 6 fresh apples
• 1 package (340g) white or milk chocolate chips
• 6 wooden pop sticks
• Jelly Belly jelly beans
• Assorted confections from Jelly Belly, such as Gummi Worms, Licorice Pastels
and Candy Corn
1. Wash and dry apples.
2. Insert wooden sticks into bottom ends.
3. Arrange candy faces on a plate before dipping each apple.
4. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler (if using white chocolate, tint it
green with food coloring).
5. Dip apple into melted chocolate using spoon to coat evenly. Work quickly to
place candy on apple before chocolate hardens.
(Tip: ) You can pipe royal icing onto backs of candy to set in place if chocolate hardens too quickly.